- height: 350 mm,
- head diameter: 250 mm,
- base width: 186 mm,
- base depth: 136 mm.
- chassis: aluminum,
- covers: PA2200 (printed in SLS technology), possible custom colors.
POWER SUPPLY & CONNECTORS
- external fanless power supply,
- 12V DC (min 10V, max. 14.8V),
- 1x USB 2.0 (all robot’s subsystems),
- 1x USB 3.0 (when using Kinect v2),
- 1x power connector (custom).
11 degrees of freedom:
- 3 - neck,
- 1 - chin,
- 1 - forehead,
- 2 - eyes,
- 4 - eyelids.
Neck and discs drive system: Robotis Dynamixel MX-series (MX28R, MX64R, MX106R), all utilizing Maxon RE-max series motors with 12-bit magnetic encoders.
Eye ejection mechanism:
- 10 cm eye ejection range,
- IGUS drylin LW-SLN 27-02 with PTGSG-05x05-R-ES screw,
- driven by maxon DCX22S GB SL 12V motors with 10-bit ENX16 EASY 1024IMP magnetic encoders.
Eyelid and eyebrow drive system: High-end micro RC-servomotor MKS DS75K-N.
Five touch sensing points (electrodes) based on capacitive scan method. Accessed via Dynamixel protocol.
Features: Noise detection and touch detection algorithm for reduced false touches when faced with electrical noise.
MASTER PC CONTROLLER ALTERNATIVES:
- mobile DC powered computer integrated into the robot’s base,
- external AC powered computer,
- external mobile DC powered computer.
- 3rd Generation Intel Quad Core i7 Platform,
- 8GB Memory (DDR3 1333/1600MHz),
- min. 120GB SSD disk,
- embedded graphics (Intel® HD Graphics),
- Gigabit LAN controller (Intel 82579LM),
- Audio Line-Out and Mic-In,
- Wireless LAN (optional),
- 2x USB 2.0,
- 2x USB 3.0,
- 1x 2.5-inch SATA II,
- 1 x full-size mSATA.
ONBOARD MOTION CONTROLLER:
- Freescale Semiconductors MK40DN512VLK10 MCU,
- ARM Cortex M4 @ 100MHz,
- 512KB flash,
- 128KB RAM,
- low-power hardware touch sensor interface,
- 4 channel servomotor control with current measurement,
- 2 channel DC motor control with current measurement,
- USB/RS485 communication,
- Freescale MQX RTOS
RGB camera: Microsoft LifeCam Studio camera (modified and integrated into EMYS' nose):
- 1080p HD Sensor,
- Frame rate: 30fps @ 720p, 15fps @ 1080p,
- High-precision glass element lens,
- Still Image: 5 megapixel (2560 x 2048 pixel, interpolated) photos,
- TrueColor Technology,
- 75° diagonal field of view,
- Auto focus from 0.1 m to 10 m,
- Automatic image adjustment with manual override,
- Controlled exposure providing bright and colorful video,
- Color depth: 16-bit,
- Omni-directional super wideband microphone,
- High-Speed USB 2.0.
RGB-D sensor: Microsoft Kinect sensor.
Microphone: omni-directional wideband microphone mounted in the robot’s nose area.
Stereo speakers: mounted in the lower disc (option).
Microphone array: four microphones integrated with a Microsoft Kinect sensor.
Urbi: Whole, ready-made control system extendable by numerous plugins responsible for hardware abstraction and integrating external software libraries.
Simple terminal: Communication with all motors and touch sensors via Dynamixel protocol utilizing serial port.
Custom software: Any custom software implementing Dynamixel protocol over serial port and handling RGB and RGB-D images.
ROS: All robot components accessed via ROS; Dynamixel servomotors, RGB camera and Kinect have their ready-made ROS nodes